Pages

Tuesday 5 July 2016

External USB HDD Read Only when not Bitlockered

Hi All,

Been a loooooong time since I've posted here.

Keeping ahead of times as always I'm upgrading a system to Windows 8.1 and found my external USB HDD is constantly prompting to be encrypted with Bitlocker.  If I refuse it's marked as read only and I can't use it.

After alot of digging around I finally found a solution:

Open regedit and look for the following:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Policies\Microsoft\FVE!RDVDenyWriteAccess
HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\FVE!RDVDenyCrossOrg

Set them to 0 and see if it gets you anywhere!!!  worked a treat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if this helped.

I'd really appreciate any comments (well, only nice ones) so please feel free to let me know what you think of the blog and also ask for further help...