Thursday, 29 September 2011
Thursday, 15 September 2011
With the release of Tiny Flaccid's Windows 8 Developer Preview there are tons of geeks and demi geeks out there just bursting to give it a try. Ironically it will not work with their own flavor of VM so here's another way to try getting your shiny shiny fix for today!
- You have the latest version of VBox
- You have downloaded the W8Dev .iso - I used 32bit.
- PC Supports hardware virtualisation
- So from VBox we knock out a new VM.
- Under Motherboard tab in system tick IO APIC
- Under Processor enable PAE/NX
- Under Acceleration tick Enable VT-x/AMD-v and also Enable Nested Paging
- Under Display - Video tick Enable 2D Acceleration
- Under Storage click the CD icon under IDE Controller and choose IDE Primary Slave
- Click the CD icon to the right of this and choose a virtual CD/DVD disk file - point to your ISO
- Click OK
- Click Start
- Hey Presto - it works!!!
If it doesn't - I don't know!!!