Pages

Thursday 5 September 2013

There may be too many steps in the task sequence object.

So this was a new one on me.  Before you ask; no, we hadn't made any changes to our system - it just happened.  Yes - it just happened, just like I'm guessing has happened to you if you're reading this.

I fired up my SCCM console locally on my machine.  I went to edit a Task Sequence and then got this little gem:

http://blogs.technet.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/communityserver-components-imagefileviewer/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles-00-00-00-69-65/7220.TSEditorError.jpg_2D00_550x0.jpg 

Good one uh?  I then jumped on the server and tried the server console.  Still the same.

A bit of twitchy bum moments, log file seaching and a touch of Googling I found that this could be caused by MDT going; what we in the industry call; "Tits up".

Do you have MDT integrated into SCCM too?  You do?  Good - read on...

Try re-running the MDT integration as per the start menu folder location for MDT on your SCCM server and you should find things fine and dandy.

It didn't work?  Oh... Sorry - try this link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know if this helped.

I'd really appreciate any comments (well, only nice ones) so please feel free to let me know what you think of the blog and also ask for further help...